News & Notes – the Red Fox Yarns Blog!
Making it up as I go…
Last weekend, my mom had the great idea of making a cute little flag-themed dress for the store. By which she meant, of course, that I should make up a cute little flag-themed dress for the store, and knit it. So, away I went!
Yes, I’m designing it on the fly, and trying to take notes so I can replicate it (which will turn in a pattern so YOU can replicate it, should you wish!). And it’s a quick knit, once you get past the stranded-colorwork-with-built-in-increases part. (Let me tell you, the arithmetic for that part was not as easy as I hoped it would be when I started!)
The first one is finished, except for the weaving in.
Now I just have to turn my notes into a pattern, then knit the second one, then edit the pattern, make it pretty, and hand it to mom so SHE can knit one, since it was all her idea in the first place. All before the Fourth of July, so I can release it around then!
- Making it up as I go… June 1, 2018
- Wheat City! (And now, a yarnblog!) May 23, 2018
- It’s been a great year! February 2, 2018
- Quick, last-minute gift ideas! December 15, 2017
- A year ago today…. December 1, 2017
- Cute and fun project finds! October 22, 2017
- New newsletter, new classes, new yarn! August 30, 2017
- Getting Ready For Fall… July 31, 2017
- Watermelon Baby Cardigan May 30, 2017
- Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival Fun! May 8, 2017